A 2014 survey from the American Podiatric Medical Association shows that “8 out of 10 Americans have experienced a foot problem — defined as everything from an ingrown toenail to chronic foot pain.”
Our feet provide us with the strength, balance, and stability we need to move and perform various tasks. It takes us anywhere we need to go. In other words, healthy feet encourage a healthy, active lifestyle in motion.
Since our feet bear most of our body weight, it is constantly pressured and stressed. Thus, maintaining its wellness is important for our comfort. Here are some tips on how you can care for your feet at home.
- Check for cuts, sores, swelling, and infected toenails daily. Seek professional help immediately.
- Moisturize your feet with lotion, cream, or petroleum jelly. Avoid the in-betweens of your toes.
- Avoid shoes that are too tight.
- Don’t share shoes, pedicure utensils with others.
- Give yourself a foot massage. The Legs-Up-the-Wall yoga pose is also good for circulation after a long day.
- Don’t remove an ingrown nail on your own. Visit a medical clinic in New York to remove the problem.
- Trim your nails regularly.
If you experience pain from your foot or toenails, seeking a foot doctor in Ridgewood, New York can help you alleviate that pain. Getting immediate help will ensure that you will not damage or risk your foot’s health any further.
Talk to our doctor in Ridgewood, New York, for more tips on how you can care for your feet.